Fostering a Global Exchange of Ideas and Information
Prof. Malgorzata Sekulowicz
Prof. Malgorzata (Gosia) Sekulowicz is a director for Scientific Affairs and Head of Department of Education and Rehabilitation of Children with Intellectual Disability. Also, she is director of the Autism Research Center at the University of Lower Silesia in the Institute of Special Education. Since 2010, she has been a member of the Polish National Council for Higher Education. Gosia is a Polish representative in the European Network on Teacher Education Policies. She has been a member of IASE since 1995.
Prof. Sekulowicz is a member of many scientific societies and associations, and a member of several editorial boards of scientific journals. Her main scientific interests include the six following areas:
1. Early intervention system for children with special needs;
2. Social and cognitive problems of children with an intellectual disability;
3. Family stress, ways of coping and burnout;
4. Teachers instructing children with intellectual disabilities and with Autism Spectrum Disorder;
5. The integration and inclusion of new ways to help children with disabilities;
6. Teacher - special educators burnout syndrome.
Gosia is the author of more than 60 articles and monographs.